You've Got Questions? Our Team of Laser Hair Removal Experts Have the Answers!
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE MOST COMMONLY TREATED AREAS?
The most commonly treated areas among women include the bikini area, underarms, armpits, arms, upper lip and legs. Whereas facial hair, ears, shoulders, underarms, back and chest, are the most commonly treated areas among men.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF LASER HAIR REMOVAL?
Laser hair removal is a safe, non-invasive method to remove unwanted hair. With long-term results, it will save you time and money on alternative hair reduction products. It's designed with sensitive skin in mind, helping to prevent ingrown hairs and skin sensitivity. Available inclusively for customers of all skin types, body types and skin colors. It's accessible, convenient and cost-effective, with both aesthetic and medical benefits.
HOW DOES LASER HAIR REMOVAL TECHNOLOGY WORK
Light pulses created by our hair removal laser selectively destroy the follicle of hair by targeting melanin (color). The pigment in the hair follicles absorb the intense pulsed light generated by the laser machine, damaging the follicle just enough to prevent hair regrowth, without harming the surrounding skin. Our technicians will adjust the hair removal laser settings based on your hair, skin tone and spot size to provide the most effective, safe, and permanent results!
HOW MUCH DOES LASER HAIR REMOVAL COST?
We offer extremely competitive pricing, as well as easy financing options. Pricing varies depending on the treatment area, so the best way to get accurate pricing for your specific laser needs is to schedule a complimentary consultation at your closest Semper Laser location.
DOES LASER REALLY REMOVE HAIR PERMANENTLY?
Laser hair removal is a permanent method of hair reduction. Permanent results are not only the key benefit, but the reason most of our clients visit us! Some patients may require maintenance treatments once a year after completing a full treatment. The laser targets and destroys your current hair follicles, disrupting your hair growth cycle. However, new hair follicles can develop with time due to hormonal changes. We offer packages with and without an annual touch-up option.
WHO ARE THE BEST CANDIDATES FOR LASER HAIR REMOVAL?
At Semper Laser we are all about inclusivity! Our advanced technology is suitable for men and women of all skin types. It is designed with sensitive skin in mind, so anyone can have less body hair, and smoother skin, all year round.
ARE THERE ANY SIDE EFFECTS FROM LASER HAIR REMOVAL?
While it is unlikely, you may experience minor side effects following your laser treatments. The treated area might feel a little itchy after the treatment, you might also notice some redness or raised bumps on your skin; those would be expected to disappear within 30 minutes to an hour following the treatment. We will of course walk you through prepping for the treatment, as well as after-treatment care.
IS LASER HAIR REMOVAL SAFE?
Laser hair removal technology has advanced over many years, and continues to develop. While all cosmetic treatments can have side effects, laser treatments are extremely safe. We use FDA-approved lasers, and the newest, most advanced technology. Research, expertise and client satisfaction are important to us, and you’ll see that in our highly trained team of medical experts.
WILL THE LASER HAIR REMOVAL HURT?
Pain can vary from person to person, and is sometimes dependent on the area being treated. Have you ever waxed, or cut yourself with a razor? The good news is that it hurts less than that. The even better news is that the discomfort doesn't last long. Some people find it uncomfortable, comparing the feeling to static electricity, rubber band snaps and tingling.
CAN I SHAVE BEFORE MY LASER TREATMENTS?
Yes! We ask that you shave the chosen area 12-24 hours in advance of your session. However, we suggest that you don't wax, pluck, thread, or perform any other epilation method for at least 4 weeks prior to your laser hair removal session. While that might be a hard task during certain months of the year, we promise it'll be worth it!
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT DURING MY LASER APPOINTMENTS?
You may feel a little nervous about your laser hair removal consultations, but rest-assured that a member of our staff will work hard to make you comfortable. The session could last anywhere from ten minutes to an hour, depending on the body area and number of sections being treated. You will be given protective eyewear, and start to feel a stinging sensation when the laser begins. Our laser technicians will adjust the settings of the laser accordingly, based on your hair and skin tone to provide the most effective, safe, and permanent results!
IS LASER HAIR REMOVAL BETTER THAN WAXING?
Hair removal is a very personal choice. The method of hair reduction you choose is subjective, much like the level of pain associated. Your specific needs and lifestyle will help to determine which treatment is best for you. There are a few key differences between waxing and laser technologies. Firstly, waxing is temporary, whereas laser by nature is permanent. Secondly, for a single session, waxing is less expensive, but over time can end up costing you far more.
IS YOUR LASER TREATMENT APPROVED BY THE FDA?
We use FDA-approved lasers, and the newest, most advanced technology to tackle hair growth.
IS THERE ANY DOWNTIME AFTER LASER HAIR REMOVAL?
No, none at all! Direct sun exposure should be avoided for a little while after the procedure, so that post-inflammatory pigmentation does not occur. It is also advisable that patients avoid spa treatments, and products for a couple of weeks, treating their body/skin care regimen as if they would with a sunburn.
WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED?
We have multiple locations nationwide and internationally. You can view our open locations here.
HOW SHOULD I PREPARE FOR MY LASER HAIR REMOVAL?
Semper's highly trained medical team is always here to answer your questions and concerns. In preparation for your laser hair removal treatment, we suggest that you:
- Avoid any direct sun exposure to the area you'll be treating for 2-4 weeks prior
- Avoid spray tans a week prior to your appointment
- Do not wax, pluck, thread, or perform any other epilation method for at least 4 weeks prior
- It is recommended that you cease use of retinoids 2 weeks prior to your procedure.
- If you have a history of the herpes simplex virus I or II, you should take your prophylactic antiviral therapy medication prescribed by your doctor 3 days leading up to your treatment, the day of treatment, and the day after to reduce the chance of a breakout
- 24 hours prior to your appointment:
- Avoid elevated temperatures from hot tubs, saunas or spa treatments
- Shave the area to be treated 12-24 hours in advance of your session
WHAT SHOULD I DO AFTER LASER HAIR REMOVAL TREATMENTS?
Avoid the sun for at least 2 weeks and after each session, use sunblock with SPF30.
Immediately following treatment:
- The treated area may feel like a sunburn for the first few hours.
- There should be swelling of each hair follicle in the treatment area which will normally last up to 2 hours, and redness in the treatment area can last for up to 2-3 days.
The first 24 hours after treatment:
- MAKEUP: It is best to wait to apply makeup until the morning after your treatment.
- NO SUN: The treatment area cannot have sun exposure and do not apply self-tanning lotion.
- NO HOT WATER: Do not submerge the treatment site in water, especially in hot water, i.e. no swimming, bathtub, hot tubs, etc.
- REST: Avoid all activity that makes you sweat or overheat.
- For Underarm Treatment: Do not wear antiperspirant until the morning after treatment. Deodorant without antiperspirant is ok.
After the first 24 hours:
- Cleaning: When showering gently hand wash the treatment site with mild soap and lukewarm water, rinse thoroughly, and pat dry.
- Sun: Continue to avoid any direct sun exposure to the treatment area for at least 2 weeks after treatment. After that 2-week period, sunscreen with SPF 30 or greater must be worn at all times.
- Shedding: Around two weeks following treatment, the hairs on the treated area will begin to shed. During this phase, hair on the treated area will appear to be growing, but what you are actually seeing is the process of the hairs disconnecting from your skin because they are no longer connected to the root. Once the shedding phase is complete (around 3 weeks following treatment) you will experience a hair free period that will last around a month.
DO YOU OFFER FINANCING?
Yes! We offer easy financing options - just ask your Semper Laser Team Member to take you through your choice at the time of your consultation.